Long Division for iPad & iPhone
This app can be used to teach and study the long division method. Solving long division problems is also excellent subtraction and times tables practice. The app is easy to use and it has an intuitive interface with customizable colors and other settings. The user can solve random division problems with small and large numbers.
The long division method
In arithmetic, long division is the standard procedure suitable for dividing numbers. The method breaks down a division problem into a series of easier steps.
Easy to use
The Long Division app allows the user to solve a long division problem step by step and animates all the steps. In the steps the user will divide, multiply or subtract. The correct answer will fly to the right place. If the user presses the wrong button the answer will appear above the keyboard but it will not move.
- The dividend can have up to 5 digits
- The divisor can have 1 or 2 digits
- The user can solve random division problems or input her own numbers
- Remainders can be allowed or disallowed
- The dividend can have decimals
- The current operation for each step can be hidden
- The operands for the current operation can be highlighted
- There are 3 different themes: black, gray and gold
- The speed of the animations can be set
- Native interfaces for iPhone & iPad
Long division with one digit divisor and five digit dividend
34328 ÷ 7
Long division with two digit divisor and five digit dividend
37233 ÷ 27
Long division with divisor larger than dividend
2 ÷ 5
Long division with remainder
891 ÷ 7
Long division with decimal divisor
2470 ÷ 6.5
Long division with decimal dividend
7.7088 ÷ 3
Long Division in the Apple VPP Store for Education
The Volume Purchase Program allows participating educational institutions to purchase iDevBooks math apps in volume and distribute them to students. All iDevBooks math apps offer special 50% discount for purchases of 20 apps or more for participating educational institutions.